[olpc-help] Ping but no browsing?

Eleanor community-support at lists.laptop.org
Thu Jan 10 23:13:29 EST 2008

Based on a post I found at

http://www.olpchelp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=121&highlight=cannot+browse ,

I disabled ipv6 in the browser, and it's now getting through. So there it is --- anyone else with these effects, maybe give that a shot.

Eleanor

[ For the record, what I believe is going on is that early last year (07) I disabled an ipv6-enabling setting in the Airport wireless base station --- it's apparently a security issue. Then left for six months, moved temporarily to Boston, and used of course a different base station for which everything XO worked. Arrived back home today (Sydney Australia) and suddenly the XO browsing is not working. The usual story --- so many things have changed you don't know where to start thinking. Could it be, for example, that it's because we drive on the left? Trouble is the Airport utility for Leopard (latest Mac OS) does not seem to have an option for changing the ipv6 setting, so I can't turn it back on to test. Tiger (previous OS) did, which is how I turned it off. Still, it's working now (with WPA2!) and so I'm happy :-) ]