[olpc-help] Ping but no browsing?

Wilson Farrell wilsonfarrell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 21:38:40 EST 2008

Can you wget a page?
in your terminal:

wget http://wiki.laptop.org

Should create a file called "Home" in your local directory.

If this works, then I would say you have a browser configuration issue.
    If that does not work then I would say you have some type of
external network issue. (proxy?, corporate security, aggressive firewall
rules, etc).  If that is the case, take your laptop to the nearest free
wifi and try it out there.  There could be some strange interaction
between your network setup and the way the the browse activity works.

Good luck,
Wilson