[olpc-help] charging battery/running with power cord

Wilson Farrell wilsonfarrell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 19:35:55 EST 2008

This going to sound like a dumb question, which I hope I do not insult
you in any way by saying, but I really don't know your level of
expertise.  The cord should be putting out 12 DC (not AC).  The reason I
want to make sure is because I actually believe this to be a
hardware/firmware issue.

You also may be able to find an equivalent replacement adapter at radio
shack.  If that doesn't solve your problem, you'll know it wasn't the
cord.  They should take it back.  It may be about the same cost of the
RMA process when you consider both time and money.  Just a thought.

Wilson