[olpc-help] Can I mount a network drives

Anonymous community-support at lists.laptop.org
Thu Jan 10 16:14:43 EST 2008

I maintain the CIFS file system for Linux and would be happy to help, but it seems someone has turned off the build of the cifs module in the .config of the OLPC kernel.  It would be trivial to add that (and to make it easier to mount - the tiny module mount.cifs).

If anyone knows who to contact, let me know.  Jeremy Allison and others on the Samba team have discussed how obviously useful it would be to have cifs support in OLPC since it is by far the most popular protocol used to share files - and OLPC is space constrained in its local storage (cifs could be used to mount to other systems to access programs that would not fit on the local flash)