[olpc-help] OpenOffice Files in Write Activity?

BruceM community-support at lists.laptop.org
Thu Jan 10 11:58:21 EST 2008

Rick Emery wrote:

> I'm fairly Linux savvy...can anybody tell me to where would I copy the
> files using the command line to have them appear in the Journal
> activity? ...

There are shell scripts to do this, called copy-from-journal and copy-to-journal.  I don't have the links to them, but they should be relatively easy to find by searching.  (If not, let us know and I'll rummage back through by browser history!).  They seem to work well, but will require you to learn more than you probably wanted to know about the Journal system!

There are two places Journal files seem to be stored:
Code:
/home/olpc/.sugar/default/datastore/store

 and
Code:
/home/olpc/.sugar/default/data

It's not entirely clear to me what goes where, so perhaps some sugar guru can enlighten us!

Bruce