[olpc-help] Assistance configuring wireless

tdang community-support at lists.laptop.org
Tue Jan 8 16:09:58 EST 2008

My non-broadcasting SSID doesn't show up to searching in the neighborhood. The search text filters nicely those things appearing, but doesn't turn up the one which wasn't already there.

Thanks, Wilson, for that link. That did connect for me. It's not a real solution yet, though, since the connection info is not retained for when I reboot. Also, it loses everything else in the neighborhood (even the mesh networks!). Not positive about whether another XO would still show up, since there isn't one around right now.

This isn't a crisis for me, we're just running insecure for now. I'm sure it will all get hashed out.