[olpc-help] Assistance configuring wireless

Vincent Day vday at springside.org
Tue Jan 8 11:26:31 EST 2008

Hello,
My name is Vincent Day and I'm a member of the IT staff at an independent school in Philadelphia, we recently have a student who received and OLPC XO1 as part of the G1-G1 program.  We are trying to use the laptop on our managed wireless network, however
have been unsuccessful.  When we go to the network neighborhood, we can see our wireless network, instead of listing the SSIDs, listed are Mesh network 1, 6, and 11.  We are able to join the Mesh networks, but we are not prompted to enter our SSID,
therefor we are unsuccessful getting an IP and furthermore logging on to the network.  In terminal if we run nm-tool, we see that wireless is enabled, yet we are unable to get an IP from our network.  This is an open network with open security, but a
non-broadcasted SSID (for apple or Windows clients, simply entering the SSID will grant access to the network.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Vince Day