[olpc-help] Keyboard issues - stuck keys, keys registering erroneously

robby community-support at lists.laptop.org
Sun Jan 6 13:17:01 EST 2008

At first I thought I had a problem with random Sugar errors -- popping into full-screen mode before I knew how to get out of it, jumping from one Activity to another while I was writing.

I gradually figured out that all or most of the problems could be replicated -- as a stuck alt key creating alt-commandkey functions...

The symptoms go away temporarily after a restart... but return... I'm still trying to diagnose exact actions that "restick" the key... still some randomness about that. Here are other posts on the topic for readers who aren't multi-threading their way through xo land:

http://www.olpchelp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=200

http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/5658

http://olpc.osuosl.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2224