[olpc-help] Sticky keyboard keys; Please RMA the laptops

vince community-support at lists.laptop.org
Sat Jan 5 22:37:01 EST 2008

Steve Holton wrote:
> To request an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) please contact:
>
> OLPC Donor Services
>
> Phone: 800-201-7144  (Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 8:00 PM EST)
>
> Email: service at laptopgiving.org

I did so in the evening of Jan-3rd and got the bot response, but nothing since then....

FWIW, I also offered to try to install a replacement or even fix the bad kbd if it didn't void the warranty.  Better than waiting a month for a replacement in transit

My symptoms were a sticky (not working) ctrl key after about 4 days of relatively heavy use.  I was doing a lot of terminal-based work so I probably was using the ctrl key more than most folks.