[olpc-help] UI rough spot: or I just don't get it?

tdang community-support at lists.laptop.org
Sat Jan 5 01:30:46 EST 2008

One way I've adapted to the Journal system is by changing my file-naming habits. Usually, I would open an application, mess around for a while, and then save or not depending on whether I thought my messing around was worth saving. I'd decide on a name only if/when I decided to save.

For the XO activities, I open the activity and first thing give it a name. It might turn out to be an inappropriate name depending on what I actually do, but I can change that later. In any case an inappropriate name is still easier to identify when looking back in the journal than just "Write Activity".