[olpc-help] Printing with SD Card?

Kate Davis katie at belisle.org
Fri Jan 4 14:54:07 EST 2008

Greetings,

I'm staring at my HP PSC 1610 with all the camera card slots, especially
the SD slot, and I wonder if some enterprising linux coder has figured
out a way to "write" files in a format compatible with this machine.

It would be great to take a few files from the XO via flash drive or SD
card and print to one of these pictureprinters.

The HP docs are void of any definition of the format, although it
mentions specifically that JPEG is supported for card printing while
TIFF is not. Is it just jpeg or is there an actual pictbridge format?

The HP firmware states that only pictbridge camera devices can be
connected to the front usb successfully. Again, I wonder if there is a
hack to read a flash drive.

I have an extra HP1510, too, that I was going to freecycle, but I'll
give it to anyone who wants to mess about with this. I am in Connecticut.

-Kate