[olpc-help] Has anyone actually received an RMA # yet?

Anonymous community-support at lists.laptop.org
Fri Jan 4 05:52:27 EST 2008

"I picked up on your note and called donor services 800-201-7144. After 45 minutes hold, got a person, provided all the info including the serial number in the battery compartment, and got an RMA. I was told that the turnaround would be two to four weeks after they received it.
The return address is Brightstar Product Recovery Center
2000 USG Drive
Libertyville, Il 60048"

This quote from an earlier message was precisely my experience. The phone is apparently manned by a willing, but woefully inexperienced volunteer.

I eventually did receive the RMA, and IMMEDIATELY re-boxed my little machine and took it to the UPS store.

I don't think this is a problem of unwillingness, but of being overwhelmed.

Anthony Mournian
San Diego