[olpc-help] screen does not come on

Anonymous community-support at lists.laptop.org
Thu Jan 3 17:51:49 EST 2008

So when the battery goes dead the machine becomes unusable?  That doesn't sound great, but I suppose a lithium battery should last several years.  According to the FAQ, that's only prior to the Q2D07 version of firmware.  How can you tell which version of the firmware you have?

[quote="Jase"]

Well, according to the FAQ (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Support_FAQ#Does_opening_my_laptop_void_the_warranty.3F), having the battery become unseated can "brick" the laptop: