[olpc-help] Help accessing wireless Airport Express

Anonymous community-support at lists.laptop.org
Thu Jan 3 11:07:27 EST 2008

[code]I have had no problems connecting to wireless points anywhere except in my home. I have spent hours on this and I give up and am looking for help. I following the instructions here http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Support_FAQ#How_do_I_connect_to_an_Apple_Access_Point.3F but with no luck. I went to this site http://www.corecoding.com/utilities/wep2hex.php to convert my Wep key to a Hex key. Then I put that key in the box on my XO that asks for the wireless key. I started with key type Hex and shared and then tried Hex and open. Then I tried passphrase and the other one with all the possible combinations. No luck. I was recently able to convert Wep to Hex successfully on an Apple network in another state and have had no other problems getting keys to work on other closed networks. I simply can not get on in my home and really need to be able to do that.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated![/code]