[olpc-help] Still Flash Problems after doing the install

Charles Jacks community-support at lists.laptop.org
Wed Jan 2 19:00:16 EST 2008

I guess I wasn't very clear.
On the url you posted: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Adobe_Flash
Under the Advanced Options there is a section starting with 'using Terminal:' that gets you to copy two files into a subdirectory you make (using mkdir) called 'bak'.

I looked up the starfall.com web site and tried one of their flash pages. It worked for me after downloading the flash program.

But I then tried the instructions to copy the two files to the bak subdirectory. Going back to the starfall.com web site I was unable to play the flash (couldn't even find it).

So I tried the instructions that start with 'undo using Terminal:' (what I copied into my first post.) After doing so I could play the flash on starfall.com again.

I installed flash before christmas so I don't remember if I had to do something different.

Please enter the command 'rpm -qa | grep flash*' at the terminal command line and post what the response is. If there is no response it means flash didn't get installed and you may want to try again. It should come back with the rpm file you downloaded and installed.