[olpc-help] Activities no longer load, including Terminal; Flash failed

gia community-support at lists.laptop.org
Wed Jan 2 15:09:34 EST 2008

I would like to say thank you to the people who helped me with my problem yesterday. I thought that I had destroyed Elizabeth's new laptop because I was unable to reinstall the system after having downloaded the 653 "update". It turns out that the SanDisk stick that I was using to boot the image from, had come with a U3.exe or some such file on it which was preventing the system from installing properly. I erased my the SanDisk 1 GB stick and recopied the img and fs files, trying the install once more before I went to bed, and I finally had success. Everything is working GREAT (for now). I'm just so glad that the laptop is back to it's wonderful little self again after all the mess I put it through. I'm not downloading anything else onto it until the software is well tested by someone else ( who knows what they're doing ) Thanks again, Gia