[olpc-help] help

Steve Holton sph0lt0n at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 06:42:18 EST 2008

What you're seeing sounds a lot like the broken networking software in
the 650 (default) release for the XO.

One recommended solution is to take the XO (and the plug-in adapter)
to somewhere with an unencrypted access point (like a friends house,
public library, or a T-Mobile hot spot), connect to the internet
there, and run the "Connect to Internet" update command to upgrade to
the 656 release.

More info here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Update_paths

The update command you'll need is:
   olpc-update 656

And if you need further help on this or other problems, feel free to
drop a note to the Tech Support / Help Desk at help at laptop.org