[olpc-help] Lights, emacs

Daniel Weinreb dlw at alum.mit.edu
Thu Feb 28 05:44:42 EST 2008

Hi.  I have been unable to find in the documentation the meaning of
the two green LED's at the lower-left corner of the screen.  One
looks like a keyhole and the other like (.) and they flash a lot.
It probably doesn't matter, but I'm curious.

Also, has anyone tried using any Emacs-like text editor?
Ideally it would be nice to have GNU Emacs or XEmacs,
but I don't know whether those work properly and I'm
a little reluctant to try to "yum" them without hearing
someone else's experiences.  I heard that the font
you get is too small to use, for example, and that
something is intercepting c-S and c-R that needs
to be fixed somehow.  Any advice?

Thank you very much.

-- Dan