[olpc-help] Setting the time

Laurie DeMott demotlj at unionuniversitychurch.org
Fri Feb 22 01:22:59 EST 2008

My XO clock reads thirteen hours fast and I have tried following the wiki
to reset it but have been unsuccessful. The timezone is correct but when I
enter /usr/sbin/ntpdate time.nist.gov, Terminal tells me "no server
suitable for synchronization found".  I also tried ntpdate pool.ntp.org
(as described in another wiki) but was told "command not found".   I did
use the su command to get super user priviledges so that's not the
problem. My Linux abilities are limited to what I can copy from a wiki.
Any suggestions?

Laurie