[olpc-help] Power to the XO

Pete Cranston pete.cranston at btinternet.com
Wed Feb 13 10:30:54 EST 2008

Hi

I am exploring the options for using XOs in a community setting in the UK. What are the power options for an XO?
1. I understand it takes solar power - what capacity does a panel need to be...where can I find that information?
2. I understand it can be powered a car battery. Does each XO need a battery? Can they be chained?
3. There are other ways to generate power - I know of a bike powered washing machine, for example, and there are demos of how much power it takes to light a bulb. Presumably a demonstration could be constructed that showed how much pedal power it takes to write and send an email?
4. Are there any other power options that you know of

Thanks

Pete cranston