[olpc-help] unable to connect to internet

Steve Holton sph0lt0n at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 14:22:09 EST 2008

Hi Joe-

Short answer: Activate your T-Mobile account or find a free and open
wireless access point (like at a library) and from the Terminal
Activity run
   su -l
  olpc-update 656

Long answer:
Start at the Connectivity page:
-    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Wifi_Connectivity

Then, when you  understand the terminology and how we are using it,
hit the Troubleshooting page:
-   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Wifi_Troubleshooting_Guide

If that still leaves you without the connection you need, review the
Upgrade Paths page:
-   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Update_paths

Then follow the instructions on the Activated Upgrade page:
-   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activated_Upgrade

You'll want at least the 653 build, but 656 is recommended.