[olpc-help] OLPC Tech Help

Steve Holton sph0lt0n at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 15:44:25 EDT 2008

Hi Mike-

If I recall correctly, Airport Express should be one of the easier ones to
set up correctly.
I believe there is a screen under the Airport Setup Admin utility that shows
an Equivalent Network Password. This is a kind of 'agnostic' password that
non-Apple equipment of all kinds can use for the access point provided by
the Airport.

I would try using that as the password, instead of the password you would
use with your Macintosh's.

(But I also vaguely recall there being a problem if the password or
passphrase has spaces or special characters or something...wish I could
remember. If this doesn't work, I guess I'll be re-learning it.)

For determining what version of software you're running:
Use the Terminal activity. (Click once in the center so you can type) and
use these commands:

cat /ofw/model

cat /ofw/openprom/model

cat /boot/olpc_build