[olpc-help] update discarded

Patricia Campbell patricia_campbell at biomedcom.org
Wed Apr 23 13:52:15 EDT 2008

Hello,
I searched the wiki &  forum & posted there but thought I would try the
direct approach (my post:
http://en.forum.laptop.org/viewtopic.php?f=1334&t=156094)

I have a g1g1 running build 650 stream ship.2 variant devel_jffs2 &
cannot connect to a wpa wap so I tried an usb update of the op sys to
656. I had to update my olpc-update with 2 rpms
olpccontents-2.1-1.20080131git7206e521fc.i386.rpm
olpcupdate-2.5-1.20080214git3a975436b0.i386.rpm

I have the correct usb files os656.toc & os656.usb but when I run
olpc-update --usb I get a slew of ...failed i/o error (5) on the rsyncs
in a /tmp directory & then failed verification + update discarded &
rsync errors "some files could not be transfered (code 23) ...
I have a lot of fedora/linux experience, any pointers from here ?

Thanks
Tricia
--

Patricia Campbell
Chef du service des technologies de l'information

material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or
received this in error, please contact the sender and delete all
material received.

Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et transmis à
l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute modification, édition,
utilisation ou diffusion non autorisée est interdite. Si vous avez reçu
ce message par erreur, merci de contacter immédiatement son expéditeur
et d’effacer toute l’information reçue.