[olpc-help] Remote Desktop / Terminal Services support?

Johnny Long ihackstuff at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 13:44:13 EDT 2008

Hello!

I am in the process of creating a plan to roll out 70 computer labs in
schools across Uganda, Africa. I was looking at non-OLPC solutions,
but now that I've had time to play with an OLPC, I'm convinced it's
the best hardware platform for the job, but I need a way to teach
Windows (office apps, but mostly OS look-and-feel, etc). I'm not a big
fan of the hack-Windows-to-run-on-XO idea, but would rather prefer to
connect an RDP-style session on the OLPC to an in-class Windows
server. I know there are many Linux RDP clients, but has anyone gotten
anything like this working? I'd love a pointer to a static binary, but
I'm willing to compile things myself if someone could point me to a
development platform / ISO, etc.

A solution could go a long way to selling Uganda's government on the XO.

Thanks in advance!

Johnny
--
Hackers For Charity Quickstats: