[olpc-help] Wireless SSIDs with spaces in them?

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at cesmail.net
Tue Apr 8 22:15:33 EDT 2008

Steve Holton wrote:
> Where does it say that on the wiki? Can you post a link?
>
> And is there a Trak ticket for this problem?

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Wifi_Connectivity ... towards the middle of
the page:

  Wireless Access Point Setup

The OLPC Support Team has been gathering notes and configuration tips
for various Wireless Access Point (WAP) connectivity. We are actively
working to resolve minor compatibility issues with various Wireless
Access points.

Some key setup considerations for your Wireless Access Point are:

     * A single channel should be selected, not "Automatic"
     * Preferred Channels are 1, 6, and 11
     * The wireless network mode should be "Mixed" or "Wireless-G", not
"Disabled" or "Other"
     * If Wireless MAC Filtering is enabled, the MAC address for the XO
must be entered
     * The latest Firmware should loaded on your access point
     * Make sure that there are only alphanumeric characters and no
spaces in your WAP's SSID

If there's a Trac ticket, someone else filed it. If there isn't, should
I, given that the documentation says this?