[olpc-help] possible donation of a laptop for Africa...

Heather Flower heatherflower6 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 3 20:16:37 EDT 2008

Hello, to Whom It May Concern:I am an former Peace Corps Volunteer and I served in Zambia, Africa. I was in Zambia two years ago under the wing of Peace Corps and have been invited back at this time by a host country national to do an agricultural community project in the deep bush of Zambia. The community I am going to serve has paid my airfare but the other expenses, such as my visa, vaccines, malaria tablets, etc. are coming out of my pocket. I am unemployed and doing odd jobs to raise money but I wondered if you would be able to donate a laptop to me or could give me one at a reduced rate. I hand-wrote a 2400 page book during the time I lived in Zambia from 2004-2006 and it took me a whole year to type the book out; it is now in the process of being published. In those days wind-up laptops did not exist! I can attach a CV/ resume if you would like so that you can see I am legitimate in my work with the Zambian people. As I am not affiliated now with any organization, I do not have the means of cleaning my drinking water as I once had with Peace Corps.  I am leaving for Zambia on April 8th, 2008 so I apologize for the lack of time concerning this issue.I will attach the CV in this email. Thank you so very much for your time and consideration of my proposal. Heather Cumming

Also, if I have contacted a department in error, would you please forward this to the necessary person who is involved in this sort of inquiry? Thank you!