[olpc-help] Activities no longer load, including Terminal; Flash failed

Anonymous community-support at lists.laptop.org
Mon Dec 31 19:51:37 EST 2007

My daughter's xo had worked fine until yesterday, when Sim City failed to load completely.  No activities are loading now, including Terminal, so upgrading by that method does not work.

I tried reFlashing using latest build (653) on USB according to instructions, but receive NAND error and Flash does not take.  The screen loads with a grid of blocks with the last (bottom/rightmost) two blocks grey, the rest white.  Does this indicate that the USB key is not being recognized?

<buffer at 900000>:1: Can't open NAND image file
Use power button to power off

I have noticed that, except for the 1st time that I tried, none of the USB keys that I have attached have shown up in the Journal (even on a 2nd xo, which is not (yet..?) experiencing any other issues beyond the occasional verrry slow bootup).