[olpc-help] Wireless Access Point - Help!

bluerover94-olpc at yahoo.com bluerover94-olpc at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 30 00:30:20 EST 2007

Ok.

I tried the Wpa.sh method and all of the various
work-arounds and tweaks I've found here and on the
wiki. Bottom line - I consistently got an inconsistent
response.

I am now in the process of a 653 build activated
upgrade.

I think part of the problem may be the 2wire DSL
box/router. I say this because of what I have observed
en route to my ultimate goal. I want to have my
Macbook, Dell XP laptop, and two XO's all running on
the same wireless network. In debugging this I have
been changing the settings on the router. There are
certain settings that will work with the Macbook that
no matter what I do to the XP laptop won't work [for
example the router has a setting that claims it will
run WPA1 and WPA2 simultaneously, or WEP Open which,
if given the right length password the help file
claims will encrypt].

Bottom line - I've been burning the midnight oil on
these XO's for 5 nights now with no luck. The effects
of sleep deprivation are setting in...