[olpc-help] Jumpy mouse and 653

Holt holt at laptop.org
Sat Dec 29 20:51:31 EST 2007

Let's clarify 2 myths:

1) 653 does not contain any specific fixes for the Touchpad.  Future
builds in coming weeks (eg. 655?) will contain candidate fixes for
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/2804 (toucher jumping to the bottom-right
of the screen).  Finally, it's true reflashing / updating (to any other
Build) does sometime partially alleviate the problem.

 > I HAVE ALSO HEARD THAT YOU CAN NOT TOUCH THE TOUCHPAD DURING START
UP. HANDS OFF.
2) The above rumor has never been substantiated.
(Remember: the touchpad-jumping-to-the-bottom-right bug is intermittent)

Thanks,
OLPC Support (http://support.laptop.org)