[olpc-help] SD Card not mounting

7150 linux.1 at litenverden.com
Sat Dec 29 20:34:20 EST 2007

kmd_mlc wrote:
> Tried 3 different cards - 16mb, 32 mb and 2G - all formatted with FAT and then reformatted just for the hell of it.  -- sorry about that - posted as guest...
>
> BTW - each SD card tried is a different brand (PNY, Simpletech, Canon).
>
> <snip>

kmd_mlc:

I have not been following this thread, so please excuse if I repeat
something.

1. By does not mount, do you mean the card does not appear in the bottom
of the Journal display?

2. The SD card is inserted completely, label to the rear of the display,
contacts to the front of the display?

3. From a Terminal activity type cd /media <enter>
Then type ls <enter>

4. I get a directory name "0092-5172"

5. If you plug a USB key in do you see it at the bottom of the Journal?

Your responses will tell me if you are having a problem I was having
earlier. If you are, maybe we can make some progress.

George

---
http://www.litenverden.org