[olpc-help] Troubleshooting Wireless Access

Anonymous community-support at lists.laptop.org
Sat Dec 29 19:39:03 EST 2007

Johannah:

I tried the 64 bit, as it is more secure and it worked.  You will have to set up a key to get in.  Any numbers should do.

XO tried to connect, it asked me for the key and then clicked on shared hex.

I worked.

Now if you want to upgrade to WPA look at the following:

I also then downloaded the Wpa.sh on my XP and moved it to the SD card and transferred it to the XO.

 ./wpa.sh   in the terminal will install it.  You can find the directions on the following link:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/WPA_Manual_Setting

Let me know how you do.