[olpc-help] First Day Phone Orders lost?

sverma community-support at lists.laptop.org
Thu Dec 27 13:46:51 EST 2007

kimquirk wrote:
> Sameer,
> I'm trying to help in tracking down orders and so far we have found that some orders did not include valid email or phone number and so they couldn't get through to the donor if their card was declined; or if their shipping address was not shippable.
>
> Perhaps that happened for your order. I would really like to help find out for you (and others). I know there are three different organizations involved in getting a laptop out the door and they are all working on resolving the data transfer issues, the shipping addresses, invalid email, and declined cards.
>
> Did you use the Paypal system for ordering? Or straight credit card order?
> Do you know that your order had a valid email address and/or phone to contact you if there was a problem? (for instance, if you used paypal and they had an old email on file for you, they might have tried to use that).
> Did you get a confirmation email for your order? (that would help to confirm that the system had a valid email addres for you). If you didn't get a confirmation for the original order, then that might indicate a bad email address or perhaps a mail spam filter got the response.
>
> Thanks for your help in trying to track this done.
>
> Kim

Hi Kim,

I ordered on the phone on Nov 12. I gave them a credit card. The phone number and e-mail are valid. In fact, I spoke with a rep around mid-december and they verified my shipping address, phone and e-mail. I got a confirmation from OLPC with a 10 digit confirmation number beginning with an 8.

On the phone call in mid-Dec, the rep told me that the system had my information, but nothing had shipped as yet.

Yesterday, service at laptopgivingorg got back to me indicating that my credit card had been declined. I can't get back to them on the phone...all lines are busy.

Thank you for tracking the order down. As a safety backup, I ordered a second one via paypal yesterday.

I can send you my conf # via a direct e-mail if that helps.
--
Sameer