[olpc-help] First Day Phone Orders lost?

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Wed Dec 26 15:28:56 EST 2007

Steve Holton wrote:
> I currently working through a problem with Donor Services:
>   ( Service at Laptop.org )
> trying to hunt down a G1G1 order, placed via the 1-877-70-LAPTOP (1-877-705-2786)  number early (just after 6:00 AM EST) on November 12.
>
> I'm beginning to get the feeling they lost a bunch of these orders.
>
> I gave credit card details and received the dreaded 'repetitive, nine-digit confirmation number' which is apparently useless.
>
> I 'm trying to get a sense if there are a lot of other people who might believe they placed an order, but who's order has subsequently been lost.

------------------------
Steve Holton      http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Support
Got an XO? Get on the map: http://tinyurl.com/37hmmm

I ordered on the first day as well via phone. I got two confirmation
numbers: One on the phone and one via e-mail. The e-mail conf# seems to
be the one that they need for looking up orders. My Conf # begins with 8
(unlike most others that I have seen here beginning with a 7). I called
them a few days ago because my card was not charged (not charged yet).
They looked it up and confirmed that I was in the system but I hadn't
been billed yet. They took down a call back number but I never received
a call.

As of today, No XO as yet. I'm going to call them again today. My fear
is that if the order is lost, then my window of getting an XO is lost as
well.

Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.