[olpc-help] WIFI WEP Key access issue

Anonymous community-support at lists.laptop.org
Wed Dec 26 11:43:04 EST 2007

This is honestly weird but I am (well was) in exactly the same situation with (probably) the same Verizon Actiontech router.  I tried every possible combination of WEP key (including in Hex format) and OLPC settings to no avail.  Here is exactly the sequence of events that "fixed" the problem.

1.  I changed the WEP key to 128 bit and tried to logon.  That did not work.
2.  I changed the WEP key back to 64/40 bit (because the laptop would not work with a 128 bit WEP key).  This involved creating a NEW 64/40 WEP key.
3.  VOILA!  The OLPC connected to WIFI with the first try.

But, I have no idea why.  Just dumb luck but you might want to try this too.