[olpc-help] Keyboard issues - stuck keys, keys registering erroneously

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Mon Dec 24 21:29:10 EST 2007

OCA| wrote:

> prompt. Pretty sure this is hardware =/ But if you take it apart and
> find anything interesting, please let me know. I'm tempted to do the
> same... but afraid that will void the warranty, and if no replacement
> keyboards become available and I couldn't fix it, I'd be up a creek.

Disassembly of the laptop does not void the warranty.  Its designed to
be taken apart.  This is part of the constructionist learning that is
the core of OLPC.

See here for disassembly instructions and pictures:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Manual/Insides

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child