[olpc-help] Screen blacks out midway during boot

paz community-support at lists.laptop.org
Mon Dec 24 16:19:19 EST 2007

Reading through the posting on this issue brought a thought to mind.

First, a little background to the thought....  Earlier today, I reviewed a posting that related to the battery.  One item in the post referred to the system shutting down when the battery was critically low.  I assume a battery% lower threshold is crossed and a controlled kill takes place where all is put gently in to rest such that when power is aplenty the system will boot back without issue.

I am wondering if a process similar to the low power shutdown can be triggered when the system is up and running and the power button is pressed for 5-10 seconds or some such obviously deliberate length of time.

First thing this evening, I will launch the XO and post guard to determine if the low power shutdown is indeed graceful.