Conceptual question: how do I "save" files, bookmarks...

Anonymous community-support at lists.laptop.org
Mon Dec 24 08:21:47 EST 2007

I'm trying to "get" the XOs way of doing things and not just blindly map everything onto the way I've done it before...

When I create a bookmark in the Browser, it shows up as a thumbnail at the bottom, but if I shutdown and restart, when I reopen the Browser my bookmarks are not there. Should I be going back to previous sessions in the Journal instead? Should I assume that's the XO way to get back to stuff?

Ditto for files.

The Journal gets to be pretty long... is the general idea that the XO is for "saving" a few dozen things, and is really not intended for managing, organizing, and retrieving hundreds or thousands of things?