16 GB SD card (okay, SDHC really)

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at cesmail.net
Sun Dec 23 23:23:30 EST 2007

Doug Jones wrote:
> I stuck a 16GB SD card into my XO.
> It works.

OK ... it works ... where did you get it? I've only found 8 GB ones on line.

> I went to Project Gutenberg and downloaded a PDF of 'Pride and
> Prejudice'.  Been wanting to re-read that for a while.
>
> Opened up the Journal, dragged that entry onto the SD card icon at the
> bottom.
>
> Then opened a terminal and cd'ed into /media, found the mounted SD card
> volume, looked inside, found the PDF file.
>
> df -h told me how much space was left on the card.  It appears I only
> have room for 20,000 more books.

_Pride and Prejudice_ isn't all that big ... try some of the 600+ page
programming books. :)

> No doubt the 64GB cards will be out in 1.5 years.

As will, no doubt, a version of the XO with more power for older
children who will have outgrown a GB of flash and 256 MB of RAM. :)