Jumpy mouse problem

soffen soffen at san.rr.com
Sun Dec 23 01:13:31 EST 2007

Thanks for looking into this.  The jumping of the mouse pointer makes the OLPC impossible to use most of the time we've tried it.  The mouse pointer continues to jump all over the screen even if we put the computer aside without touching it at all for an hour.  At times, the mouse pointer does not jump as much, allowing the computer to be used minimally (and with difficulty) for a while.  The problem occurs randomly, sometimes worse after rebooting and sometimes develops after starting almost normally.

Richard, if you now think this is a hardware problem, would you recommend that we call customer service and arrange to return the unit?

Sol