[olpc-community-support] Need help using cellphone data network vs USB

Michael Burns maburns at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 00:19:06 EST 2007

I've not had any experience in this, but with the configuration it should
work just fine. Since the XO is really a plain Linux box at heart, any
tutorial you have that follows Fedora (we use version 7 as a base, but
different versions should be easily followed) is likely to work. Other
distributions could be used as a reference, too.

Let us know of your experience, it will be a great guide to have!

On Dec 22, 2007 6:32 PM, MrSniffer <harry at saal.org> wrote:

> I have a data plan on my (Treo) cell phone. I've been able to plug it in
> via a USB port to both Windows and MAC platforms and dial out through it for
> accessing the Internet.
>
> Is it possible to do this with the XO? Tips would be appreciated!!

Michael Burns * Student
Open Source {Education} Lab