[olpc-community-support] recognizing USB drive and files on it

Anonymous community-support at lists.laptop.org
Sat Dec 22 20:43:54 EST 2007

> It seems that with the ship build (650), the USB stick does not automatically show up right away. Someone else with Build 650 said that their USB stick wasn't showing up right away, but once he plugged AND UNPLUGGED a USB keyboard, the USB stick started to show up in Journal. Perhaps you can try duplicating this :). - Joe

Thanks so much, Joe, for letting me know I'm not crazy and for giving me hope. :-) Just to clarify, if I plug in the USB thumb/flash drive and reboot with the drive in place, the system recognizes it. Now if I can just locate a USB keyboard and figure out why the system is not recognizing my .jpg and .txt files.

Happy day to Joe and the rest of this wondeful community!

All my best,

Julie