[olpc-community-support] Installing Java on Linux (OLPC Sugar)

jwjarvis jonathan at andarivel.org
Sat Dec 22 19:15:03 EST 2007

Apart from the memory hogging issue, is it even possible to install Java on my XO?   The java.com site gives four options for Linux: Linux RPM 17.74MB, Linux 18.23MB, Linux x64 17.24MB, and Linux x64 RPM 16.82MB.   Linux Sugar is not mentioned.  My interest in Java would be using PageBuilder to edit my site in geocities.com.  I am more curious than hopeful because even an Apple computer has problems with PageBuilder.   Second question: I am new to this forum.  Is there a way to search for topics by keywords such as "Java"?

My recent news: http://andarivel.org