[olpc-community-support] Jumpy mouse problem

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Sat Dec 22 17:04:46 EST 2007

Chris,

> Does that mean that 653 is *not* a signed/stable build? The comments
> about it in various places (here in the forums and in the wiki) are
> quite confusing in this regard.

653 is an official signed release and is available from

 http://download.laptop.org/xo-1/os/official/653/

However, for reasons that are unclear to me, it is not available through
olpc-update in its signed form. Hopefully someone else can explain why
this is the case.

At any rate, 653 is very similar to 650 and was only created to fix
problems that arose during the Uruguay deployment. I would be surprised
(but interested) if it contained changes relevant to the difficulties
you are experiencing.

> The wiki front page says that 650 is the latest ... but many things in
> the wiki are out of date  [Rolling Eyes]

Please update the wiki with more accurate information as you learn it.
That's why we made it a wiki. :)

Michael