[olpc-community-support] USB Drive Limitations?

ajlewis2 a.lewis at linuxbasics.org
Sat Dec 22 14:18:42 EST 2007

ajlewis2 wrote:
> I also notice that after I use the usb stick to copy something from or to the journal, I cannot unmount the drive with the unmount button in journal.

I've now tried this with 3 usb devices.  The Lacie usb hard drive is working as it should.  A PNY U3 Smart also works fine.  The problems are with a PNY Attache.  In general it does not unmount from the journal and once I look at it in the journal, I cannot look at the regular journal. Clicking on the journal icon does not revert the listing back to the journal itself.

All of them work as expected on my Ubuntu laptop.  So now I know what to use for transfer of files.  Let me know if anyone wants more info on this.

Anita