[olpc-community-support] USB Drive Limitations?

ajlewis2 a.lewis at linuxbasics.org
Fri Dec 21 17:21:37 EST 2007

I also notice that after I use the usb stick to copy something from or to the journal, I cannot unmount the drive with the unmount button in journal.  I tried going out of the journal and starting a terminal, but that would not start.  Then I found the keyboard shortcuts and did Ctrl-Alt-F2 (the Friends button) and got a terminal.  I logged in with root and no password and could then do 'umount /media/Udisk-whatever'  I am very happy to see that we have Tab completion; so I could do 'umount /m [TAB to complete media]/U[TAB to complete the name of the drive]'

This freed up the journal and allowed me to remove the usb stick without rebooting or restarting sugar.

Anita