[olpc-community-support] recognizing USB drive and files on it

Anonymous community-support at lists.laptop.org
Fri Dec 21 22:52:37 EST 2007

Hi there,

So glad I found this site. I wasn't expecting our XO laptop until after Xmas but it arrived today. I am trying to get some basics started before I place it in my daughter's hands on Tuesday but I'm having some trouble. If anyone has any solutions, I'd be very grateful.

I can't connect to my wireless network but it is security enabled and even though I enter the key, it doesn't work. It appears that's because it's not WPA enabled yet. I tried the manual workaround (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/WPA) but that didn't work. When I entered in the code, it said file not found. Which leads to my second and third problems.

If I plug in a USB thumb drive I have to reboot before the system recognizes it. Also, I've tried dragging .txt and .jpg files into the journal but it can't seem to read them (they appear in the list but I don't see anything--no preview).

Please let me know if you have any solutions. Thanks!

Best,

Julie