[olpc-community-support] A few startup questions

Anonymous community-support at lists.laptop.org
Fri Dec 21 22:39:59 EST 2007

Thanks, Joe, those were useful comments.

I didn't know about the hwclock trick - I'm a BSD guy, and this is my first Linux foray...

After several tries, I managed to connect to my home WEP AP. Yay.

I was looking at sshd (and other things) to try to cut the memory load, since that seems to be a really scarce resource. Perhaps this will get better as things are more stable.

I can't find ntpdate, even to install - just rdate, which is OK, too. It would be nice to have the option to turn one of those on at boot time!