[olpc-community-support] My WEP connection experience.

mricet mricet1005 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 20:53:42 EST 2007

Thanks to joe for the work-around using terminal iwconfig to get around wep issue.  now connected and typing via the xo.

tried update to build 653:
1st time installed but boot failed.  use game key O to get back to previous build
discovered I had old olpc-update software.  used procedure to update to version 2.0
tried update to ship.2-653 - would not boot need developer key
tried update to 653 - also need developer key
seems 650 is latest official build - true?

browser question - is there a better one to use than this default one that ships with the XO?

thanks,
randy