[olpc-community-support] My WEP connection experience.

phigan phigolpc at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 19:46:07 EST 2007

palmiri wrote:
> It has a command-line interface and supports linux.  But I failed to install it since it requires kernel headers.  I don't think XO comes with linux src (can you verify that?  I am simply saying that since /usr/src/ is empty) nor gcc (is it possible to install gnu toolchain on XO?).

There is no source/headers shipped on the XO because of the limited space (1GB). There is definitely, however, plenty of information on development for the XO on the developers wiki page (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Developers). Several people on IRC have mentioned they installed gcc via 'yum install gcc'.

- Joe