[olpc-community-support] Jumpy mouse problem

phigan phigolpc at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 18:54:11 EST 2007

soffen wrote:
> I am very disappointed and am wondering whether this could be a hardware problem.  In the latter case, perhaps I should send back the OLPC within the 30 day period.

I too was worried that it would be a hardware problem. However, since I've signed up for a developer key (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Developer_Key) and have updated to Q2D07 firmware and Joyride 1431 build (developer builds), the problem has not come up since. I have it on basically all the time, IRCing and web browsing.

Another thing you should do before anything else is, as root, type 'yum update'. This should update a few system files, but I don't know if it will address the issue (it's certainly worth a shot).

- Joe